While there are many types of carpet, the two most common are nylon carpet and polyester carpet. What are the differences between nylon and polyester carpet? How can you maintain and extend the life of your carpet?
Nylon carpet is made of nylon fibers, which are twisted together to form a yarn. It's durable, stain-resistant, and is easy to clean. Nylon tends to be more expensive than polyester, but it's also regarded as more durable and longer lasting.
How to Identify Nylon Carpet
Nylon carpet is identifiable by the nylon fibers, which can be seen where there's a cut in the carpet. Nylon carpet feels smooth and cool to the touch. It is also dense and resilient, which makes it resistant to wear and tear. Spills on nylon carpet can usually be cleaned up with a damp cloth. If a spill does occur, be sure to clean it up as soon as possible to avoid any staining.
Three great tips for taking care of nylon carpet:
1. Vacuum regularly with a canister vacuum cleaner to remove dust and debris from the carpet pile and reduce wear and tear. When using a beater bar type vacuum cleaner, set the bar to its highest setting to get the most soil out as possible.
2. Clean spills as soon as possible to help prevent staining or any permanent damage to the carpet fibers.
3. Professionally clean carpet at least once a year to maintain their best appearance and prolong the life of the carpet. Professional carpet cleaners such as Zerorez New Mexico are able to remove dirt, grime, dander, etc. that you could not remove on your own.
Polyester carpet is made from polyethylene terephthalate or PET, which are plastic fibers that are spun into yarn. Polyester carpet resists staining, has a lower lint tendency, and is easily cleaned. It also naturally resists static electricity.
How to Identify Polyester Carpet
Polyester carpet is lightweight and soft to the touch. The fibers are denser than nylon, making polyester carpets stronger and less likely to be pulled out when walking across it. Although it resists staining, it's not very durable and can be easily damaged by abrasions creating traffic patterns in carpet that appear dirty but are actually permanently damaged carpet fibers.
Three great tips for taking care of polyester carpet:
1. Avoid unnecessary wear and tear by vacuuming your carpets regularly. Doing so will rid debris and dirt that can otherwise cut into polyester carpet fibers and damage them.
2. When something spills on the carpet, grab a dry cloth and dab it up as quickly as possible. The longer you let a stain settle into the carpet, the less likely even a professional will be able to remove it.
3. Extend the life of your carpet by cleaning with Zerorez Carpet Cleaners! Our professional cleaning services leave behind No Residue® so that your carpets will be soft, welcoming, and live a long life!
Zerorez® Carpet Cleaning in Albuquerque
Here at Zerorez New Mexico, we know that health and safety for our customer's children and pets is a necessity. That is why we have created a cleaning method that is completely safe for you and your family. Our unique carpet cleaning process includes cleaning carpets thoroughly with our patented wand and Zr Water® solution that cleans carpet fibers, removing the water and pathogens without penetrating the carpet backing or padding and without using harsh soaps or chemicals. Zerorez Carpet Cleaners leave zero residue® carpets dry faster and stay cleaner longer than our competitors.
Call Zerorez New Mexico at (505) 585-5053 or visit us online www.zeroreznm.com for more information regarding professional carpet cleaning services near you.